It has been awhile and I have been busy outside, but I did something interesting with my strawberries. One of them put out a runner so I planted it. I actually had runners last summer, but just cut them off at the time. The original strawberries are getting old and I will replace one of them in the WF with this baby. The three on the right have all been in the window farm for a year and a half. The one on the left is the baby and the other three started off just like it and 1.5 years ago. As you can see the crowns have really grown tall and have divided a number of times.
After deciding to plant it, my jalepenos and strawberries had to get cozy for a couple of weeks. The runner was only about 18 inches long so they had to be really close. I have a jalepeno growing in a three plant WF and the top two positions are empty so I planted it in a net pot in the middle position and waited for the roots to take hold. I held it in place in the net pot with a paper clip. So a few weeks later, we cut the cord on the new baby.