OK, I think I’ve figured it out.
- Got login to windowfarms.com – check
- Got login to my.windowfarms.com – check
- Got login to our.windowfarms.org – check
For awhile, I kept trying to login to my.windowfarms.com using my .com login before I realized it’s a separate login! When you login to .com and my.com you use your email, but for our.org it is a username. I double checked to see if there was any more sites. I think I got all of them. Any plans on combining these three sites?
I’ve setup the farm. I think I’ve run into the two most common beginner issues:
1) Top of tube keeps spitting. I really didn’t notice until the poor guy at the top got too wet and died. We cut a bubble tea straw which fit perfectly over it to tame it.
2) The water wasn’t making it up to the top. Instead of melting and molding the bottom tube, I just broke a chopstick into it and it seemed to do the trick.
Both issues seemed pretty minor. I like it. This is the best automated watering/hydroponic system I’ve tried.
- The Aerogrow: I didn’t like that you had to buy the seeds.
- Capillary mat: ended up having everything too wet and had such a small reservoir it wasn’t worth the watering time savings.
- Auto-pot: never seemed to work properly
- Wet-pot: too wet
- I’ve also tried the generic bottom waterers which really didn’t do much