This site looked like fun to do, so I began the plan. First collected coke 2 liter bottles, cut the bottom of, painted top, and drew pictures on them with a sharpie. (Indian designs) I am definitely not an engineer, but love plants and since fall is happening, this looked great. I did not have access to hydro supplies locally, and being retired, did not want to spend much, so used the top parts of other bottles to burn holes into for hydro pots.
Took me forever to get this working, cause stubbornly had to do it my way. The container I bought was not deep enough, so would not draw enough air & water. Got to learn this the hard way, so got a trash can, cleaned it and started over again today. Finally, Success this morning! Don’t have the chemicals for hydro but used for now liquid fertilizer with micronutrients, to start with, used lava rock for holding roots. Have not tested ph as yet, but used distilled water, primarily.
Please advise if I have made a big boo boo as this hydro stuff is brand new to me! Probably made another big mistake and don’t know it yet, but if plants don’t flourish, that will become evident.
Great informative site Thank you.