1.In my very first attempt I did as it said in the instructions. I cut a V shape into the cork. It worked pretty well at first, but after a while it started to let through too much water and suddenly it didn´t let any water through. It was completely blocked.
2. In the next attempt I just made a small hole in the cork. This meant that water was allowed through at regular intervals, smoothly. But the hole also meant that there where some splashing and dripping on to the plants which they didn´t like.
3. So I made the hole bigger and used some of the leftover pipe. This worked fine, but after some hours it began to leak and part of the water wanted to go on the outside of the tube.
4. So today I used a glu gun to seal the space between the cork and the tube. So far this works great.
We’ll see if it holds..