It was a long weekend here in Jakarta and I have used some of the time to set up my test column.
Now that Ulung has completed the painting and bottle cutting I can finish putting the 4 column system together.
I have found sports caps hard to come by here. In the end I bought small cheep detergent bottles and modified the tops of those. The hardest part was to make a water tight seal for the hose. Using just silicon is difficult. Finally I wound electrical tape around the tubing as a cone with the taper towards the outlet of the sports cap. I then pulled the tubing through the cap the cone fitted tightly and I used silicone and glue to hold the whole thing in place. It worked fine and does not leak. Here are photos of Ulung with the first column. I abandoned the needel system and went with a T-Joint. Nice and simple and works well.