I posted earlier (more on the construction here) about designing a prettier window farm. I’m building a clean and simple single column farm. The construction itself is pretty much complete, but the plants are still missing.
I made a nice discovery related to the bottom reservoir. In case you’re using a bottle and are having trouble getting the cap water tight, worry no more! March in to a pet store and get one of those drinking bottles meant for rodents. The one I got fit perfectly to the reservoir I’m using. And in case you’re having trouble getting the threads water tight, use teflon tape. Also known as the thread seal tape.
With this first column I made the mistake of cutting the aluminum stripts too short. They are long enough for four pots, but too short to be able to attach the reservoir to the strips. I don’t think I’m gonna have the energy to change the strips, so I’m just going to leave it like this for now.
Here’s the whole thing.
And here’s a close-up of the reservoir.
I’m not sure what happened exactly, but the “pretty” somehow got lost during the process.
I guess I got impatient and just wanted to see it work. Next step is to get the seedlings going in rock wool, and to plant them in the pots when the sun rises again in the spring.